Postpartum Depression


  Hi guys, how are you doing?  I would like to talk about Postpartum Depression. Many people don't know what this means; perhaps they feel it’s not real. Postpartum Depression is is a type of mood disorder associated with child birth. Symptoms include sadness, low energy, crying episodes and irritability. Postpartum depression is real especially, when you in a country where there is no one to help you out with the baby. My mum and my husband's mum where around when I had my baby. However, they couldn't stay for too long because they had to return to Nigeria. 
      After they left, I felt so alone with the baby. At the time, my husband was working in another state. I was a new mum who had no idea what to do. My baby was always crying, after trying to do everything to calm him down but to no avail,I would just burst into tears. It was all so overwhelming at the time. I was always crying because it was just too much, everything was new to me. I didn't really have anyone to talk to, I had no family or friend around. I was also trying to figure out how to lose my baby fat. It is a lie when they tell you that you going to lose your baby fat immediately after you have your baby, it takes time..patience...commitment. I am proud of myself now of how far I have come. Phil 4:13....'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me'.
Thank God for helping me through. It all took the Grace of God. I am grateful to God for how far he has brought me.

Comments

Popular Posts